My husband is a huge fan of bread pudding. Something about the warm, succulent texture combined with cool and creamy ice cream puts him in a happy place. Bread pudding is the ultimate comfort food. But when I tried to cut gluten from my diet, I was stuck with a big dilemma.
How to make gluten free bread pudding? Even better… how to make a gluten free banana nut pudding?
I looked at my recipe for Pecan Caramel Apple Bread Pudding but wondered about how to substitute gluten free bread.
Honestly, the strange ingredients it takes to bake a gluten free dessert intimidates me so the idea of creating a gluten free bread… It wasn’t going to happen. I needed something simple.
But what about the Udi’s Gluten Free Classic Hot Dog Buns on my counter? The texture is perfect for a bread pudding recipe. Nice and sturdy… and ready to absorb some delicious flavor and turn into delicious, warm Gluten Free Banana Bread.
Of course… if you have known me for long, you know I never make the same recipe twice and needed to add a little creativity.
Gluten Free Banana Nut Bread Pudding
- 4 Udi's Gluten Free Classic Hot Dog Buns cut into cubes (about 7 cups)
- 1 cup walnuts chopped
- 3 ripe bananas mashed
- 4 eggs lightly beaten
- 2 cups milk warm
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon ground
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Sprayed a large casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray and place bread cubes in the dish.
- Stir together bananas, eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon. Pour over bread, making sure all of the bread is soaked evenly.
- Sprinkle with nuts, gently pressing some nuts between the bread cubes.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce, if desired.
Two Step Fresh Peach Pound Cake by Call Me PMc
Spinach Tomato Garlic Penne Pasta by Cakescottage
Strawberry Shortcake Fluff by Everyday Mom’s Meals
Your hostesses ~
- Sunflower Supper Club ~ Kim & Julie
- The Better Baker ~ Marsha
- Frugal Family Favorites ~ Tabitha
- Sweet Little Bluebird~ Mary
- The Country Cook~ Brandie
Remember that when you link up, it shows on all FIVE blogs. Plus…
We TWEET. We PIN. We LIKE.
If you wish to be a featured recipe or for us to promote your recipe either on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest, you MUST follow these instructions.
- Please link up to your exact post and not the main page to your blog.
- LINK BACK HERE from your post so that others can find the fun.
When you are kind enough to follow our guidelines, we work hard to get you as much exposure as possible so that your time here is well invested. We want this to be a fun and rewarding experience for everyone!