Make these pretty but functional homemade bubble wands with homemade bubble solution for the kids this spring and keep them doubly busy… creating art and then with hours of bubble blowing fun!
They were super simple to put together and would make a great gift or craft project for parties.
I picked up just a few items at my local Dollar Tree to put them together. If you have some of the items already on hand it will be even cheaper.
You can make these small to fit in the little bubble bottle or as large as you like-even bending them a bit at the handle for the big bubble trays.
- Floral wire
- needle nosed pliers
Cut an 9”-12” length of floral wire for as many wands as you want to make. My instructions for today are geared towards the small wands for little bottles so I used a piece of wire 9” long.
Curl one end around the tip of your needle nose pliers 2-3 times to create the bottom.
Let your child thread beads over unbent end in any pattern they like, leaving about 4” undone.
Make sure that your beads have a large enough hole to slip over this thicker gauge of wire. You can find a massive variety of colors and shapes in beads so they can easily be customized to themes.
Using your needle nose pliers to gently curve the wire into a circle. If you have left too much space with the beads or not enough you will be able to tell here and can adjust accordingly.
Twist and pinch the end into the center wire so that it is not sticking out and catching on little fingers .
The wands pop right down inside bottles of bubbles and are a fun way to enjoy a classic activity.
You can expect hours of fun and giggles throughout the spring with this easy, homemade bubble wands ready for long, sunny afternoons.
More homemade bubble wand fun
- Have you ever seen a square bubble? Use this square bubble wand and be amazed!
- Raid the kitchen drawers for some creative bubble wands with The Boy and Me.
- No beads? No problem! Visit the Jewelry Making Journal for a simple twist you can use to make Enchanted Bubble Wands from just floral wire.
- Blowing bubbles is easy if you have rubber bands and straws like Kids Activities Blog. Just don’t accidentally suck up the bubble solution. Oops!
- You will not believe this giant bubble wand from My Frugal Adventures!
And don’t miss the bubble fun on my Spring Pinterest board.