This post contains affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
Bring smiles to their faces and giggles of glee by having the Easter Bunny deliver these non candy Easter basket ideas for toddlers.
Don’t Miss the Easter Basket Stuffers for Baby
Holiday after holiday, I feel like my kiddos get stuffed with candy. The sugar has them bouncing off the walls higher than the Easter Bunny can dream. It leaves this mom screaming, “NO MORE CANDY!” and feeling like the party pooper.
No one wants to feel like an ogre on Easter.
That’s why I have steadily moved our family towards non candy Easter basket ideas instead of the sugar-laden treats. I mean, we are not a “no candy” Easter family. I still sneak in a chocolate egg or two, but gone are the wicker baskets overflowing with candy.
And you know what? I don’t think my kids have noticed.
Do’s and Don’ts of Easter Basket Stuffers for Toddlers
When you are preparing an Easter basket for a toddler, non-candy basket fillers are the best way to go… in my opinion… because you can set the standard for future Easter baskets with what you put in the basket while your children are little.
Did you read what I just said?
You are setting the standard for future Easter baskets. That brings me to a quick list of do’s and don’ts for your toddler’s Easter basket.
1. DO set a budget.
And DON’T just set a budget for this year if you only have one child with whom to celebrate. Think ahead to years from now when you have more children and feel compelled to maintain a whatever precedent you have set.
2. DON’T buy a huge basket.
A big basket begs to be filled. Empty space will nag you. So, I recommend purchasing the items to go into your toddler’s Easter basket before buying the basket.
3. DO choose the filler for the bottom of the basket carefully.
That plastic Easter grass is very cheap but it also makes a mess and does not vacuum up well. Plastic grass is also a choke hazard for littles and pets. Tissue paper is extremely affordable and can be waded up and stuffed in the bottom of the basket.
4. DON’T feel pressured to have the Easter Bunny.
When our first child was born, I just assumed we needed to have the Easter Bunny because it was the tradition with which I grew up. After a few years, I got really tired of having Santa, the Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy come to visit. But I was stuck.
Last Minute Shopping for Your Toddler’s Easter Basket
If you tend to be a last minute shopper for Easter basket filler ideas for your toddlers, remember that you can sign up for an Amazon Prime 30-Day Trial and get these goodies delivered in two days with FREE shipping.
Benefits of Amazon Prime:
- FREE Two-Day Shipping on millions of items
- No minimum order size
- Borrow Kindle books with Prime reading
- Play games with Prime Gaming
- Instant streaming of thousands of movies and TV shows
- Unlimited, ad-free access to over a million songs and hundreds of playlists
- Discounted prescriptions at local pharmacies
- Savings at Whole Foods
- Storage for all your photos
Non-Candy Easter Basket Stuffer Ideas for Toddlers
If you are still wondering about what to put in your toddler’s Easter basket, here are some ideas that range from simple to elaborate.
Related: Easter Basket Stuffers for Baby
- Aurora World Lopsie Wopsie Bunny Plush
- Some Bunny Loves You Happy Easter T Shirt
- Easter Plush basket
- An Egg-cellent Easter! (Barbie) (Pictureback(R))
- Baby Bunny Money Bank
- BunnyBaby Plush Security Blanket Set
- Bunny Hat
- InCharacter Baby Lil’ Bunny Costume
- Baby Girl Bunny Rabbit Booties
- Easter Round Dinner Plates with Happy Egg Hunt Design
- Easter Themed Molded Mugs with Bunny Rabbit Art
- Little Bunny Peel and Stick Stamp Set
- Child to Cherish Spring Egg Bank
- Bunny Rabbit Costume
- Cute 10 Pcs Velvet Animal Finger Puppets for Baby Story Time
- Little Kids Peeps Giant Bubble Wand
- Sitting Duck Bath Toy
- Matching Eggs
- Glow in the Dark Easter Egg Kit
- Aurora World Taddle Toes Plush
- Fisher-Price Soothe and Glow Bunny
- Hopping Eggs
- Baby White Lamb Infant Knit Hat
- Kids Easter Plate – Blue Green Argyle Easter Bunny Melamine Personalized Plate
- Disney Bunnies Goodnight, Thumper!
Even More Easter Basket Fillers for Toddlers
Need more general ideas for filling your toddler’s Easter basket? No problem! These are more of the items we have used as Easter basket stuffers for toddlers.
Ages: 1 to 3 years old
- Color Wonder markers, paper
- Weeble People
- Little People
- Board books
- Trainer cup
- Hair accessories
- Travel-size Doodle Pro
- Mittens, hat
- God and Me (Girls) or Gotta Have God (Boys) devotional
- Training pants
- Bath paint
- Bath toys
- Chunky cars
- Thomas the Train accessories
- Train whistle
- Snack-size packs of cookies
- Fruit cups
- Chunky crayons
- Washable finger paints
- Art smock
- Cookie cutters
- Small stuffed animal
- Plastic animals
- Hand puppets, finger puppets
- Toothbrush, toothpaste
- Bubble bath
- Character washcloths
- Stacking blocks
- Trainer chopsticks
- Ring Pops
Need more Easter Basket Ideas?
- Delight your little princess with an Cinderella-themed Easter Basket.
- Make Easter about more than candy. Christian Easter Printable Activities are a fantastic boredom buster or Sunday School enhancement.
- More Easter basket themes and ideas are available in this REALLY big list.
- Wondering how to fill a frugal Easter basket? We have been there and these budget-friendly ideas helped.
- Don’t spend a fortune on candy. Make your own Peeps Marshmallow Pops with these instructions. It’s so easy!
Free Diligence Lesson
Subscribe and receive my free diligence lesson plan with printable wall pages by email.