Here are the questions I hear the most:
- Isn’t it cheaper to just buy generic?
NO! Not when you combine a coupon with a rock-bottom sales price.
- But, warehouse shopping is cheaper, right?
Check your price book! Bigger is not always cheaper.
Purchase items that do not typically go on sale or have coupons.
Typically, these items are good buys at a warehouse:
- Toilet Paper (Club Brand)
- Coffee (Club Brand)
- Rice & Pasta
- Flours & Sugars
- Chocolate Chips & Nuts
- Seasonings (Only buy what you will use in 6 months)
- Cheese (5 lb bag — Club Brand)
- Printer Ink & Paper
- What if something is free that I do not use or need?
Donate the item to charity.
- Can you copy coupons to share with friends or to get more deals?
NO! This is coupon fraud and is punishable by law.
- If you have to register to print coupons from different websites, do you get a lot of junk email (spam)?
Create a back-up email account from a free server like Yahoo or Hotmail.
Always UNCHECK the box asking if you would like more offers.
- Will I really be able to do this on my busy schedule?
Think of it as a job that you get paid for.
Research: 60 minutes per week
Organizing: 30 minutes per week
Shopping: 90 minutes per week
TOTAL 3 hours per week
Let’s say that you save $200 a month (or more) on your grocery budget. You paid yourself $16.67 per hour!