What a pleasant surprise to find this lovely creation in my freezer!
During a round of freezer cooking one weekend, I prepared this Creamy Chicken and Almond Enchilada casserole and placed it in the deep freeze. A couple of months later when I was checking my stash, the block wrapped in aluminum foil and plastic wrap was tucked away like a nugget of gold under sheets of ice in the tundra. OK… maybe that it s little too poetic but I was as happy as a miner who discovered the mother lode!
RECIPE: Creamy Chicken & Almond Enchiladas
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup almond slivers toasted
- 1 can green enchilada sauce
- 1 cup shredded colby jack cheese
- 10 small flour tortillas
- Mix the chicken, cream cheese, sour cream, green chilies, and almonds together well.
- Divide the filling equally among the ten tortillas, rolling them up and placing them seam side down in a casserole dish.
- Pour the enchilada sauce over the tortillas and sprinkle with cheese.
- If you choose to freeze the casserole, place wax paper over the cheese and wrap the casserole in aluminum foil and a layer of plastic wrap. Freeze for up to three months. Thaw in the refrigerator before cooking.
- Bake at 350 degrees until the cheese has melted and the sauce is bubbling, about 20 to 30 minutes.
Free Diligence Lesson
Subscribe and receive my free diligence lesson plan with printable wall pages by email.