I was making meatloaf but had too much to fit into the pan. Silly mistake. Then, the thought that changed our night… maybe our life… popped into my head, “The children will not eat meatloaf, but they DO eat meatballs.” So, I grabbed a cookie dough scoop and went to work on the remaining meat mixture.
Not only was dinner a hit, but the meatballs took half the time to cook! This recipe would be a perfect solution for those busy weeknight dinners and it’s picky-eater approved!
RECIPE: Meatloaf Meatballs
- 2 pounds ground chuck
- 4 slices bread minced in a food processor
- 2 eggs beaten slightly
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Ketchup & mustard for glaze
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Toss all of the ingredients except for the ketchup and mustard into a food processor or stand mixer. Mix until well blended.
- Use a medium-sized scoop to make meatballs (1 to 1/2 inch). Place on a baking sheet and bake for 20 to 30 minutes until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Remove the meatballs from the oven and drizzle with ketchup and mustard. Swirl slightly with the back of a spoon. Return the meatballs to the oven for five minutes.